InDepth Corporation is a munitions response, geophysics, and data management consulting firm committed to providing our government and private-sector clients with exceptional quality and service. InDepth has been in business for 10 years and is based in San Diego California. Additional information concerning our company can be found at www.indepthcorporation.com.
InDepth offers a competitive benefits package that includes: 10 paid holidays, paid time off, health, dental, vision, life and long/short-term disability insurance, 401k plan, and profit sharing.
InDepth is currently seeking a full-time salaried Geophysicist as an addition to our Geophysical Division in our San Diego, CA office. The role of Geophysicist involves development of planning documents, field activities, data processing/analysis, quality control activities, and report generation to support our services for both conventional and advanced classification geophysics. If hired, you will be working under the Director of Geophysics to perform the following:
- Oversee and perform geophysical data acquisition using electromagnetic and magnetics single- and multiple-sensor systems and Advanced Geophysical Classification (AGC) systems for the detection of buried ordnance.
- Perform data acquisition, data processing, and QC evaluation for advanced classification projects.
- Process and interpret electromagnetic and magnetics data using Geosoft Oasis UXO-Land and UX-Analyze extensions.
- Review of geophysical investigation results, target reacquisition, stakeout of geophysical anomalies and other results findings.
- Develop Quality Assurance Project Plans (QAPP) for both conventional and advanced geophysical classification projects.
- Prepare, draft and finalize geophysical reports presenting the findings of the geophysical investigations.
- Write proposals and estimate costs for geophysical investigations.
Following Experience is a Plus
- Master’s degree in Geophysics, Geology or a closely related field is preferred and 3-5 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of experience.
- Data acquisition, processing and interpretation experience with AGC systems.
- Prior work experience on Formerly Used Defense Sites (FUDS) and Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) sites.
- Long- and short-term travel to various project sites throughout the United States is required.
- Currently located in or willing to relocate to San Diego, California.
- Experience with Trimble GPS positioning systems.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGis spatial data presentation software.
- Experience with Python programming.
- Experience with Geosoft Oasis Montaj scripting.